Our client is an integrated brand offering one-stop engineering solutions for the offshore, marine and energy industries. They focus on four key capabilities: Rigs & Floaters, Repairs & Upgrades, Offshore Platforms and Specialised Shipbuilding.
As a global solutions provider committed to Sustainability, our client deploy the most suitable assets and competencies from across their worldwide operations to support projects of any scale and in any location. With this flexibility, they help their customers realise exciting possibilities in a responsible manner, amid an increasingly complex operating environment.
The position exists to provide legal service to various functions in the company, including but not limited to legal advice, review, negotiating and drafting contracts, management of litigation, to facilitate business operations.
Areas of responsibilities include:General Legal and Corporate Work
Commercial and Contract Work
- Partners with business heads and legal counterparts of the company's subsidiary to provide ongoing legal support and to advise on legal matters.
- Provides general corporate legal and regulatory advice in the areas such as financing, banking, leases and M&A (Merger and Acquisition), intellectual property, to ensure regulatory compliance of relevant regulations eg sanctions, data protection, anti-competition etc.
- Drafts basic documents (e.g. MOU, JV contracts) as may be required by business functions.
- Provides legal advice to the Finance team in negotiating banking documentations for loan or other agreements with financial institutions.
- Advises in legal matters, attends meetings and works directly with the company’s customers and vendors.
- Performs research and stays abreast with changes in laws and proactively advise on changes that could affect the organisation’s operation.
- Provides legal support and addresses general legal queries from internal business stakeholders and departments, when required.
Litigation and Regulatory Matters
- Provides legal advice on a wide range of legal issues related to marine and offshore Industry contracts and agreements (i.e. Shipbuilding and Shiprepair, EPC contracts, newbuilding and EPCIC contracts, purchase contracts, charters agreements, agency, carriage contracts, storage and logistics etc.)
- Reviews, advises and provides support in commercial transaction matters relating to contract negotiations, letters, notices, agreements, MOU, letters of undertaking, letters of intent or any other legal documents.
Intellectual Property, IT contracts
- Responsible for managing litigation matters.
- Liaising with external lawyers, managing costs of external lawyers in relation to matters in litigation, coordinating information from Company to external lawyers.
- Conducts legal research, investigation and analysis regarding potential litigation to formulate the company’s legal strategy and actions, coordinating with external lawyers where required.
- Analyses the level of risks involved or chances of success in proceedings and litigation matters.
- Drafts reports on litigation matters and responds promptly and reliably to enquiries with regards to litigation matters.
Legal Team Collaboration
- Coordinate with patent attorneys for management of patent portfolio.
- Liaising and coordinating with external IP lawyers and Company on IP matters.
- Review, advice, negotiate contracts for collaboration, licenses, engineering services etc.
- Review, advice, negotiate contracts for software and IT products and licenses.
What Candidates Must Possess
- Works with other legal and corporate secretariat team members as required to achieve functional objectives and deadlines.
- Provides support in various projects and assignments as required to promote cross-functional learning and development, balance team workload and enhance overall team productivity.
- Provides education to other departments on awareness on relevant areas of law eg contracts, intellectual property, sanctions etc.
- Law degree from recognised university.
- 3 to 8 years of PQE (Post Qualified Experience) preferably with establised law firm or corporate in-house legal environment.
- Experience in civil and commercial litigation, contract drafting.
- Experience in construction law, international trade, or intellectual property work anadvantage.
- Functional skills:
- Excellent proficiency in English (written and spoken)Advanced user of Microsoft Office products.
- Good knowledge of laws applicable to company operations and businesses.
- Strong communicator and possess a commercially savvy approach to legal matters.
- Sound knowledge in handling domestic and cross-border/regional dispute resolution litigation.
- Behavioural skills:
- A team player.
- Exhibit integrity and objectivity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate at all levels in the organisation.
- Eye for details.
- Creative and analytical, able to think out of the box an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills, confident when dealing with external parties and can manage expectations of internal customers.
- Diligent and do not shy away from working on issues across different discipline and functions.
- Appetite for fast paced and challenging work, able to manage work with short turnaround time.
- Able to guide junior members of the legal team.
- Commercial legal experience in a law firm or as-house legal counsel preferred.
Interested candidates may send your resume and contact Claire Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org
for a private and confidential discussion.Claire Lin
@ Lin Xiuxin
EA License No.: 16S8107EA | Personnel Registration No: R1103711